As we make plans for the upcoming FFA AREA AWARDS BANQUET -- please see
the attached list of award winners that will be recognized at this years
event. In addition, the area officer election results will be announced
during this event. As a reminder, the registration is due by April 30th.

It is very impressive to see all the different chapters listed and see how
many students will be getting awards from participation in area events. I
have not took the time yet, but would find it very interesting to see
which FFA Chapter will be going home with the most FFA awards from the
2008-2009 school year.

Because this is an extensive list, there is a possibility that mistakes
have occurred; please take the time to go over this information and let us
know if there are any corrections. Also, please make your students aware
that they will be receiving these awards and recognition.

The "certificate package" that will be presented to each chapter advisor
during the award ceremony should also prove to be very interesting. Each
package will have the total count of Gold, Silver, and Bronze emblems that
your students received during the year. A good way to begin next year is
to set goals for your chapter to achieve more Gold Certificates (students
finishing in the top 1/3) in Area Events during the next school year.

Your Area Teachers and North Region Staff has worked very hard to provide
these opportunities for students in addition to making sure awards are
presented at the area banquet. Please make plans to attend. Last year we
had 70% of our chapters in attendance; I am sure we can do better than
that this year.

As always, THANK -YOU for making a positive difference in the lives of
your students by providing quality participation in the FFA.

John (Chip) Bridges
Region Coordinator
North Region Agricultural Education
204 Four Towers - UGA