As we make plans for the upcoming FFA AREA AWARDS BANQUET -- please see the attached list of award winners that will be recognized at this years event. In addition, the area officer election results will be announced during this event. As a reminder, the registration is due by April 30th.

It is very impressive to see all the different chapters listed and see how many students will be getting awards from participation in area events. I have not took the time yet, but would find it very interesting to see which FFA Chapter will be going home with the most FFA awards from the 2008-2009 school year.

Because this is an extensive list, there is a possibility that mistakes have occurred; please take the time to go over this information and let us know if there are any corrections. Also, please make your students aware that they will be receiving these awards and recognition.

The "certificate package" that will be presented to each chapter advisor during the award ceremony should also prove to be very interesting. Each package will have the total count of Gold, Silver, and Bronze emblems that your students received during the year. A good way to begin next year is to set goals for your chapter to achieve more Gold Certificates (students finishing in the top 1/3) in Area Events during the next school year.

Your Area Teachers and North Region Staff has worked very hard to provide these opportunities for students in addition to making sure awards are presented at the area banquet. Please make plans to attend. Last year we had 70% of our chapters in attendance; I am sure we can do better than that this year.

As always, THANK -YOU for making a positive difference in the lives of your students by providing quality participation in the FFA.

John (Chip) Bridges
Region Coordinator
North Region Agricultural Education
204 Four Towers - UGA