Hello everyone and congratulations on nearly completing the semester!

Enjoy some internationally themed events this week of April 28 – May 5th, now that things are slowing down around campus!

All the best--

*************************************
This Week:
*************************************

1. Study Abroad Walk-In Advising in Memorial Hall
2. Been to our Facebook page?
3. Spring Study Abroad in Honduras!
4. Spanish Conversation Group: April 30
5. Photo Exhibit: My India-Personal Reflections & Captured Moments. ‘Til April 30.
6. Middle Eastern Dance. April 30
7. 31st Annual Athens Human Rights Festival May 2-3
8. International Graduation, May 8th
9. Study Abroad Scholarship Section
10. Unsubscribe from SISA-L

1. Study Abroad Walk-In Advising in Memorial Hall

Study Abroad now has regular satellite hours in Memorial Hall (thanks to ICA!. Stop by to learn about options for studying, working, or volunteering abroad!
Memorial Hall, conference room 233 (in the ICA Department suite).

Thursdays: 9:00-12:00 pm
Fridays: 1:00-5:00 pm

***********************************
2. Office of Study Abroad *** Now on Facebook***

http://facebook.dj/ugastudyabroad

***********************************
3. Spring Study Abroad in Honduras!

CAES Spring Semester 2010 at Zamorano University – Honduras
How would you like to live for a few months in Central America, soaking up the culture, all while earning a full semester of UGA course credit?  This program will allow you to live in Honduras for up to 12 weeks… and will cost you less than spending a semester on campus at UGA!

Program:
Students will spend one week in the hills of beautiful Santa Lucia while participating in intensive Spanish language training and living with a local host family.  From there, they will move to the campus of Zamorano University where they will interact with students from all over Central and South America.   Participants will enroll in 3 academic courses taught by UGA professors and will also participate in hands-on learning on the Zamorano campus for internship credit.

Weekend excursions and a week-long trip at the end of the program will ensure that you see much of what Honduras has to offer, including ancient Mayan ruins, the protected mountain slopes of Pico Bonito National Park, and the tropical Bay Islands on the Honduran coast.

Finally, students will have the opportunity to be matched with a US Peace Corps volunteer in Honduras.  If desired, UGA students will shadow a US Peace Corps volunteer for one week at their site in rural Honduras.
Proposed Courses:
»     ADSC 3660/3660L ‐ Warm Water Aquaculture: 3 hours
»     AAEC (HACE) 4910/6910 ‐ Int’l Agribusiness Marketing & Management: 3 hours
»     HORT 3010 ‐ Introduction to Vegetable Crops: 3 hours
»     AESC 3910 ‐ Int’l Agriculture Internship: 3 hours

*Note: All courses are taught in English

Estimated Cost:
»     $5,919 – includes: tuition, room and board, study abroad fee, estimated airfare, and immunizations  (* Note: this is the cost for the entire semester, which is comparable to many summer program costs)

Scholarships:
»     Minimum $1,000 scholarship guaranteed to each participant
»     HOPE will cover tuition costs, if eligible

For more information, please visit http://www.global.uga.edu/students/1Zamorano.html and contact Carolina Robinson to set up an appointment to discuss the opportunity!

Contact: 706-534-8860.

*******************************
5. Photography Exhibition: My India- Personal Reflections and Captured Moments. Ongoing through April 30.

Sponsored by the Office of International Public Service and Outreach and the Office of Institutional Diversity. My India- Personal Reflections and Captured Moments. Photography by UGA alumnus Eric Berg, and UGA professor and director of the Center for Asian Studies Farley Richmond. Reception for the artists held April 3, at 3:30 P.M. in Hill Atrium. Through Thursday, April 30, 2009. Georgia Center for Continuing Education, Hill Atrium. Contact: 706-542-6654, [log in to unmask]

******************************
6. Middle Eastern Dance. April 30

******************************
7. 31st Annual Athens Human Rights Festival. May 2-3

Annual festival that brings together political activists, musicians and artists in a call for action on human rights issues. College Square, Downtown Athens.

Saturday: 10:00 P.M. – 12:00 A.M.
Sunday: 2:00 P.M. – 10:30 P.M.

Contact: www.athenshumanrightsfest.org.

Both international and U.S. students are invited to participate in the International Graduation Ceremony on Friday, May 8th. To sign-up please e-mail Jackie Minus at [log in to unmask] Participation in the ceremony is free and open to everyone. Following the ceremony will be a brief reception. For more information contact ISL at (706)542-5867. AMNESTY FILM FESTIVAL
"Become a Citizen of the World"
Sponsored by Amnesty International

9.  Study Abroad Scholarship Section:

Upcoming Deadlines for Select Study Abroad Scholarships are listed here. Please visit our website at http://www.uga.edu/oie/sa_scholarship.htm for a complete listing of additional scholarships (HOPE, departmental awards, country-specific awards, etc.)

UGA SPONSORED AND UGA PROGRAM SPECIFIC SCHOLARSHIPS CAN BE EXPLORED AT: HTTP://WWW.UGA.EDU/OIE/SA_SCHOLARSHIP_SPECIFIC.HTM

********************
DiversityAbroad.com Study Abroad Scholarship (Fall 2009)

Deadline: May 1, 2009

Diversity Abroad, in conjunction with AIFS, will award six $1,000 scholarships to any student who studies abroad with a DiversityAbroad.com partner organization
(http://www.diversityabroad.com/study-abroad-partners ) during fall 2009.

*********************
Study Abroad Turkey Scholarship for Minority Students (Summer 2009 & Fall 2009)

Summer & Fall 2009 Scholarship Deadline: Rolling

The Turkish Coalition of America (TCA) in cooperation with Diversity Abroad awards grants in the amount of $2,000, $1,000 and $500 for ethnic minority undergraduate and graduate students. $2,000 grants are awarded for semester and academic year study abroad. $1,000 grants are awarded for short-term programs that last between 4 and 8 weeks. $500 grants are awarded for short-term programs less than 4 weeks long.  Any African-American, Hispanic/Latino or Native-American undergraduate or graduate student from any U.S. community college or university is eligible for the scholarship.

- Visit the Listserv at UGA website at http://listserv.uga.edu/
- Then select: ‘Browse, Subscribe, Post, Search ’
- Type ‘SISA-L’ in the text box and hit ‘go’
- Select ‘Join or Leave the List’
- Type your e-mail in the box and select ‘leave the list’
- You will receive a confirmation automatically.

**Thank you for visiting the Study Abroad Office- We would enjoy
feedback from you since your recent visit to our office.
Please take a moment to fill out our online evaluation at this link:
http://www.uga.edu/oie/sa_eva.html