We are pleased to announce a *training opportunity for the FFA Meats CDE on
Thursday, August 6* at the UGA Animal & Dairy Science Building.  The
training will be conducted in most part by Dr. Dean Pringle.  Dr. Pringle
helps coordinate & set up the State Meats CDE each year.  Dr. Pringle has
years of processing, grading & meats experience to share with you in this
one day training.

The training will begin with an overview of the Meats Judging CDE including
analysis of classes and principles of Meat Judging; followed by examples &
judging opportunities in the cooler in the afternoon.  We will primarily
focus on grading and placing of classes; we will not spend much time on ID
of meat cuts.

*8:30 - 9:00 am - Registration
9:00 - 12:00 am - Principles of Meat Judging
1:00 - 5:00 pm - Grading  & Judging in the cooler*

Please reply to this e-mail or call if you plan to attend.  You will also be
eligible for PLU credit through the CTAERN website; sign up for the CDE
training class.  Please bring paper, pencil, warm sweat shirt or jacket,
hard hat, hair net and clean frock with you to the class. Please let us know
if you have any questions.

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher