2009-2010 Rulebook:
http://gaaged.org/_Short-Term_files/New%20for%20Website/Georgia_Junior_%20Livestock_2009-2010_Rulebook.pdf

For future reference - these are listed under "Updated Documents" on the Aged home page.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Please see reminders from Dr. Silcox below regarding upcoming show information.    Please contact your area livestock teacher with questions or concerns.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ronnie Silcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Agents and Teachers:

State MARKET LAMB Show and State MARKET GOAT Show Entry Deadline is August 1:

Rule Book and Tag order forms for state shows can be found on the Georgia 4-H webpage at:

http://www.georgia4h.org/public/edops/stateanimaled/shows/LivestockRules/

If you do not have them already, order your tags now. Left over lamb and goat tags from last year can be used this year.

Entry Deadline for the State Market Lamb and State Market Goat Shows is AUGUST 1 this year.  Both Market Lambs and Market Goats will need to be entered on-line.  The on-line entry site is up and running at:

http://www.georgia4h.org/public/apps/jrnatreg

Everything has been reset since last year.  Extension staff or Ag Teachers will need to set a new password the first time you login.  (This can be the same password you used before.)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

GEORGIA NATIONAL FAIR:

Entry forms and rules for the Georgia National Fair (entry deadline September 1) are at:

http://www.georgianationalfair.com/_fairresults/livestock_premium_book.htm

(Please note that Market Lambs and Market Goats must be entered on-line by AUGUST 1 as described above.)  GNF will is offering an online registration system this year, where student's parents can enter student's entries online and pay online (with a credit card).  Teachers could enter student's & pay for them with a credit card as well, but there will not be an option to monitor / add group entries as we do for the state shows.  Each entry must be entered individually and paid for individually.  The online entry system should be available on July 13, 2009.

Gwinnett County Fair info is at:

http://www.gwinnettcountyfair.com/index.php

Dates and entry info for several other lamb shows are at the GCLPA webpage:

http://www.gclpa.com/

Ronnie Silcox
Extension Animal Scientist
The University of Georgia