We are pleased to announce a training opportunity for the FFA Meats CDE on Thursday, August 6 at the UGA Animal & Dairy Science Building.  The training will be conducted in most part by Dr. Dean Pringle.  Dr. Pringle helps coordinate & set up the State Meats CDE each year.  Dr. Pringle has years of processing, grading & meats experience to share with you in this one day training.

The training will begin with an overview of the Meats Judging CDE including analysis of classes and principles of Meat Judging; followed by examples & judging opportunities in the cooler in the afternoon.  We will primarily focus on grading and placing of classes; we will not spend much time on ID of meat cuts.

8:30 - 9:00 am - Registration
9:00 - 12:00 am - Principles of Meat Judging
1:00 - 5:00 pm - Grading  & Judging in the cooler

Please reply to this e-mail or call if you plan to attend.  You will also be eligible for PLU credit through the CTAERN website; sign up for the CDE training class.  Please bring paper, pencil, warm sweat shirt or jacket, hard hat, hair net and clean frock with you to the class. Please let us know if you have any questions.

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher