Teachers,

The Georgia FFA Association has  a state insert in three issues of the FFA New Horizons magazine each year. For the 2009-2010 school year, our inserts will run in the October 2009, February 2010 and April 2010 issues. For each insert I plan to include a “Chapter Happenings” section. The insert will go to all 29,300 FFA members in Georgia who receive the FFA New Horizons magazine. If your chapter has an interesting story to tell, please submit the information to me at [log in to unmask]. We are looking for accomplishments of individual members (awards, trips, etc…) and/or creative chapter ideas or activities that your chapter has done to recruit new members, make an impact on your school or community.

Please send me specific information, include quotes from advisor and/or teacher, and please include a good action picture.

In order to make the October issue, I need story ideas by August 1, so if your chapter did something interesting this summer, please share it with me before August 1. The deadline for the February insert is December 1 and the deadline for the April issue is February 1.

Let me know if you have questions. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you next week at Summer Conference!     - Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association

316 Poultry Science, UGA