Greetings Everyone,

We are excited to welcome all new and returning students back to campus! Our office typically sends out a weekly e-mail with  information about upcoming events and opportunities. If you know someone who would like to be added to our listserv please have them e-mail [log in to unmask]
III. Join an organization!
___________________________________
I. FREE COOKING CLASS: Sarma (Stuffed Grape Leaves) by IFCO

IFCO offers Free Cooking classes at UGA. Classes will be held
on Saturdays. In this class, we will prepare the famous Sarma
(Stuffed Grape Leaves) . We will be serving Turkish Kisir and
drinks after the class.

-Free Cooking Class: Sarma (Stuffed Grape Leaves)
-August 16, 1:00pm
-Family Housing Community Room
-Interfaith Cultural Organization
www.uga.edu/ifco

II. REC FEST '09

Head over to the Ramsey Student Center on Tuesday, August 18, 4-7 pm for Rec Fest '09.  Learn more about the facilities and programs Recreational Sports has to offer students - Intramural Sports, Club Sports, Aquatics, Fitness and Wellness, drop-in activities and the GORP outdoor recreation program. There will be prizes and give-aways as well as refreshments.

And, all fitness classes are FREE the week of Aug. 17-22 so check out one of over 100 different classes during the week to include some water fitness classes.
AND, the Strength and Conditioning workout rooms have been completely renovated and updated.  Check out all the new machines--many of which have personal TV screens!  Come on over to have fun, meet new people, learn new
things and get in shape! For more info click on

www.recsports.uga.edu
III. JOIN A NEW ORGANIZATION!

Interested in dancing, performing, leadership opportunities, doing service work, learning about different cultures, or just meeting new people?! Make sure to check out the many students organizations part of the Department of Intercultural Affairs. There are over 40 organizations that offer a variety of ways and opportunities to get involved!

http://www.uga.edu/ica/

International Student Life
Department of Intercultural Affairs
The University of Georgia
210 Memorial Hall
Athens, Georgia 30602-3108
USA

706-542-5867
www.uga.edu/isl

Leigh Poole, Associate Director for Intercultural Affairs and Director of International Student Life

Jessica Wells, Assistant Director of International Student Life

Andrea Swilley, Program Coordinator for International Student Life

Jackie Minus, Administrative Assistant

Laura Stiltz, Graduate Assistant(Organizations & Non-Resident Taxes)

Stacie Walker, Graduate Assistant
(Coffee Hour & Programming)