Registration is now open for the Opening Ceremony Contest.
First rounds of the contest will be held Friday afternoon in the basement of
the Dining Hall Sept 11th at the Region Rally.
Chapters that plan to compete must be registered by Sept 8th, 4 p.m.
To register - email [log in to unmask] with chapter name and
the advisor's name who will participate in the contest with the students.
Below are the details of the competition.
FFA Opening Ceremony Contest
1. The official FFA Ceremony will be used with the six constitutional
officer positions. (no additional officer parts will be scored)
2. A teacher from the school is asked to participate and serve as the advisor in the contest. The Advisor's part
will not be scored.
3. Participants are not required to hold the actual position in which
they are competing, but it is recommended to use the official chapter
officers for this competition.
4. Top scoring chapters from each preliminary round will return for
competition in the championship round.
5. Students and Advisors will be allowed to watch
the championship round.
6. Scoring will be based on a rubric measuring each officer's voice,
stage presence, and power of expression. The team will also receive a score
for general effect. Attached is the opening ceremony score sheet.
7. Chapters can begin to compete at 4:00 p.m. All teams need to be
on-site to compete no later than 5:00 p.m. (Friday, 9-11-08)