Teachers, if you have not registered for the Wildlife CDE and you plan to enter, please go ahead and register so we will know how many teams to expect.

Thanks,
Blane

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Blane Marable <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:53 AM
Subject: Area I and Area II Wildlife CDE
To: North Region Ag Ed listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Emily Lakemaker <[log in to unmask]>, Emily Saunders <[log in to unmask]>

Teachers,

This year we will host both an Area I and an Area II FFA Wildlife Mgt CDE.

Area I will be held Tuesday, September 29 at Sonoraville High School.

Area II will be held Tuesday, September 22 at Whitehall Forest at Flinchum's Phoenix near the UGA Animal Science Arena.  Check here for directions: http://www.forestry.uga.edu/about/directions.php

Both events will start with registration from 4:00 - 5:00 pm and the event will start at 5 pm. Team which arrive as early as 4 pm may go ahead and compete.

The event underwent a few changes; please download the most recent rules and score sheets at www.gaaged.org. The CDE format is below:

General:

There will be both a Senior and Junior Divisions

Top three teams from each division will advance to the state competition - Nov. 5- at Swainsboro.

Four members to a team - all four scores count

Each team member will compete in only one practicum area

Will not have a Team Activity on the Area Level

Practicum Requirements:

White Tail Deer:

-Jawbone Aging

-Ocular Antler Estimation

-Deer Mgt Exam

Wild Turkey:

-Identify Calls

-Identification/Questions

General Wildlife ID:

-Identify species, plants, and equipment

Boating Regulations / Aquatic ID

-Boating Regulation Exam

-Identify Aquatic species, plants, equipment

If you plan to participate, please respond to this email to indicate your intent and the division(s) Junior or Senior or both and either Area I or Area II.

Thanks,

 Blane

Blane Marable
201 Four Towers - UGA