One of our responsibilities as agriculture teachers is to insure that our profession has a bright future. One way that we all can help in this effort is to encourage students to consider a career in agricultural education.

Please take the time to encourage a student to participate in the Teach Agriculture Recruitment Day. This event will be held on October 31st  at the three major institutions for agricultural education teacher training (UGA-Athens, UGA-Tifton, & Ft. Valley State).

If you know of a student (and parents) that would benefit from this exposure to the possibility of majoring in agricultural education, please have them contact Dr. Dennis Sheppard ([log in to unmask]) or Mr. Ben Lastly ([log in to unmask]) for more details.

If each Ag. Teacher could encourage one student to pursue a career teaching agriculture, the future of our program would be secure!

Thank You for making a positive difference in agricultural education!

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East