There has been a great deal of interest from students and teachers about
the upcoming AG. Teacher Recruitment Day scheduled for October 31st at the
three major post-secondary institutions for agricultural education. If you
have not provided any information to your students yet, please consider
asking some of your great FFA students to consider attending to learn more
about becoming an agriculture teacher and FFA advisor. Dr. Duncan recently
prepared a flyer that can be provided to interested students. I encourage
you to utilize this and promote this activity. I have attached the one for
UGA in Athens. We are also planning for similar activities at Ft. Valley
State and UGA - Tifton.

In order to be prepared, please have interested students / parents sign-up
to attend no later than Tuesday, October 27, 2009. They can RSVP to Dr.
Dennis Sheppard ([log in to unmask]) or Mr. Ben Lastly

Lets all work together to encourage our best students to consider becoming
an AG. Teacher and FFA Advisor.  As always, Thank-You for all you do!!!

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East