There has been a great deal of interest from students and teachers about the upcoming AG. Teacher Recruitment Day scheduled for October 31st at the three major post-secondary institutions for agricultural education. If you have not provided any information to your students yet, please consider asking some of your great FFA students to consider attending to learn more about becoming an agriculture teacher and FFA advisor. Dr. Duncan recently prepared a flyer that can be provided to interested students. I encourage you to utilize this and promote this activity. I have attached the one for UGA in Athens. We are also planning for similar activities at Ft. Valley State and UGA - Tifton.

In order to be prepared, please have interested students / parents sign-up to attend no later than Tuesday, October 27, 2009. They can RSVP to Dr. Dennis Sheppard ([log in to unmask]) or Mr. Ben Lastly ([log in to unmask]).

Lets all work together to encourage our best students to consider becoming an AG. Teacher and FFA Advisor.  As always, Thank-You for all you do!!!

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East