As expressed in a previous e-mail,  one of our responsibilities as agriculture teachers is to insure that our profession has a bright future. One way that we all can help in this effort is to encourage our best students to consider a career in agricultural education.

Each of you were asked to consider promoting the efforts of Dr. Dennis Sheppard, Dr. Dennis Duncan, and Mr. Ben Lastly and ask a student to attend the upcoming Teach AG-ED recruitment day at UGA on October 31. Please consider this a final request to participate in this worthwhile activity.

I would also like to take this opportunity to express appreciation to the teachers and students at the following schools for already committing to attend:

Arabia Mountain High School  (Dekalb Co). -- 3 students
Baconton Charter High School -- 1 student
Elbert Co. High School -- 1 student
Jones Co. High School -- 1 student
Loganville High School -- 2 students
Madison Co. High School -- 1 student
Marion Co. High School -- 5 students (wow, thank you Mr. Joey Wells)
Northeast Bibb High School  -- 1 student
Northwest Whitfield High School  -- 1 student
Oglethorpe Co. High School -- 1 student
Ola High School (Henry Co.) -- 3 students
Thomson High School -- 1 student

This is a great start to hopefully get more than 20 of our FFA members / students committed to teaching agricultural education. If you would like to add to this list, please contact Dr. Dennis Sheppard ([log in to unmask]) or Mr. Ben Lastly ([log in to unmask]).

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East