Dear Teachers,

Here are a few reminders:

You have seen the "Help" requests go out for several of the species.  Please
continue to sign up on the ones that you are able to help out with.  This
could be at checkin or during the show.  Listen and keep an eye out for when
help may be needed at line up or in the ring.  Even if you have no
experience with livestock, there are numerous jobs that you would be
qualified for.  I really appreciate the great response we have had of
teachers volunteering to help.

Make sure you have:

Health Papers - on each of the animals and that they meet the requirements
listed out in the Health Section of the Rule Book.  The Health Inspectors
will be taking a closer look at animals than in the past so please be
patient.

Registration Papers - Make sure registration papers match what was entered
and tattoo in calf's ear or ear notch on breeding gilts.

Ear Tags - Make sure they match entries and are CLEAN enough to read at
checkin.

Tattoos - Make sure they are READABLE.  Make sure students clean out ears
before going to checkin.

Ear Notches - Match up with registration papers and entry form.

Remember, the general public will be all around the next two weeks.  This is
a great opportunity to teach Agricultural Awareness.  Yes, your and your
students are very busy during the shows, but take the opportunity when it
arises to show the public what a great experience exhibiting livestock can
be and the importance of Agriculture to everyone.  The little things we take
for granted may see very strange to someone who is not around livestock
(whips, halters, muzzles, etc.)  The public is always looking for something
inflamatory to get on the news.  Do your part in making the fair a good
experience for everyone.

If you have any questions, give your Area Animal Science Teacher a call.  If
you missed the first email, my new cell phone number is 478/595-5351

RW
--
Ricky Wheeler
Area Livestock Teacher