The 2009 National FFA Alumni Convention is right around the corner. Several FFA Alumni affiliates from Georgia will be recognized during the convention. Georgia is proud to have two candidates running for the National FFA Alumni Council. Johnny Jones of Toombs County FFA Alumni will be running for the Southern Region Director which is currently held by Joy Carter of Tift County. Joy will be running for President Elect of the National FFA Alumni. These elections will take place during the FFA Alumni Business Session on Friday, Oct. 23 at 9:30 a.m. until noon in the Indiana Convention Center Room 205-207. Based on Georgia's FFA Alumni membership we will have 13 delegates this year. If you or other alumni members from your chapter are attending national convention and will be available to serve as a delegate then let Joy know ASAP at [log in to unmask] or 229-563-2745. We need to make sure that each delegate seat is filled this year.

Convention days are as follows. View complete schedule at: http://www.ffa.org/documents/alum_conv_schedule.pdf

Thursday, Oct. 22

10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. - FFA Alumni Workshops
4 - 6 p.m. - FFA Alumni Awards Session

Friday, Oct. 23

8 - 9:30 a.m. - FFA Alumni Delegate Check-in
9:30 - Noon - FFA Alumni Business Session
Noon - 1:30 - FFA Alumni Workshop

Thanks,

Joy Carter

Georgia FFA Alumni President