Reminder:  The livestock judging practice classes at the FFA-FCCLA Center
are available until next *Friday, November 20, 2009*.   Classes available
for practice are:  2 market lamb classes, 1 breeding ewe class, 2 market hog
classes, 1 breeding gilt class, and 3 Simm Angus Heifer classes.  There have
been over 150 students visit the camp the past couple of weeks to practice
from FFA chapters, 4H programs and the UGA Livestock judging team.  We have
gotten several comments that it was a good practice for the students -
especially that it is so difficult to get that many species together at one
time to have a good practice.  There are classes already set up that your
students can judge, or you can mix animals & make your own classes.

There is a small $5.00 per student charge for attending.  The fee goes to
help cover the feed costs of the animals.  Please contact Mr. Leroy Bagley
at [log in to unmask] if you are interested in attending before next
Friday.  Also - the market lambs will be for sale as of November 21, 2009.
Please contact Mr. Todd Teasley [log in to unmask] or Mr. Billy Moss
[log in to unmask] if you know of anyone who is interested in purchasing
a market lamb for $125.   Most the lambs for sale are whethers - average
weight 130#. These lambs are a great size & weight for processing to put in
the freezer.

Special thank you to Mr. Teasley & Mr. Moss for making this opportunity
available to so many students!

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher