Attached are the results of the 2009 Georgia FFA Wildlife Mgmt CDE.

Scores and rosters have been checked by the Georgia FFA Association and are official.

Thanks to all participants and advisors for making the 2009 Georgia FFA Wildlife Mgmt CDE a great success! We had 169 teams (676 FFA members) compete in regional eliminations and 36 teams competing at the state event.

Special thanks to our friends at Southeastern Technical College in Swainsboro, Ga. for hosting the event. Jill Lehman, John Thrift, countless faculty and students from Southeastern Technical College dedicated their time and resources to facilitate the event. If you have students interested in a Forestry, Natural Resources or Wildlife career, please encourage them to visit Southeastern Technical College for educational opportunities.

Additionally, I would like to thank the Area Teachers assisting with the event, Frog Mullis and Irwin County FFA for the Whitetail Deer mounts, and our event sponsors. Sponsoring the Junior Division is Three Rivers Quail Unlimited, and the Senior Division is sponsored by Pennington Seed, Inc.

Senior Division Results:

Congratulations to Bleckley County FFA, team members were Matt Jones, Jacob Beard, Ricky Sikes, and Brooks Jones, and their advisor Doyle Floyd for placing first. Earning second place was Camden County High School and third place goes to West Laurens.

Junior Division Results:

Congratulations to Bleckley County FFA, team members were Alan Dykes, Clay Foskey, Lee Jump, and Jim Wimberly, and their advisor Doyle Floyd for placing first. Earning second place was Oconee County High School and third place goes to Early County High School.

--
W. Justin Sealy
Area Forestry Teacher