National FFA has announced a Sustainability through Biotechnology video
contest. The information is below. If you have students interested, I hope
that you will have them apply. The rules are attached, and a link is
included in the material below. Let me know if you have any question.  - BL

Sustainability Through Biotechnology Video Contest
Submit a video (approximately two to three minutes in length) that shows the
world how modern agricultural techniques are helping our planet.  It's a
great way to work on Ag Communications skills and learn more about the
innovation happening today.

Winning chapters will receive:

.         $500 to purchase new audio/video equipment for your chapter

.         A visit from one of the judges - all leaders in modern agriculture
today

.         Your video featured on SchoolTube and ffa.org.

Just three quick hints for a winning video:  Keep it clean, fun and
informative. The rest is up to you!  Grab as many of your fellow FFA members
as you want, check out the
<http://www.ffa.org/documents/med_videocontest.pdf> full rules and... Get
Creative!

Get everything you need in the
<http://www.ffa.org/documents/med_videocontest.pdf> Sustainability Through
Biotechnology Video Contest packet which includes

.         Official Rules

.         Entry Form

.         Instructions for uploading your video

.         Plenty of resources to help get you started

All videos are due by December 31, 2009.
Winners will be announced during  <http://www.ffa.org/ffaweek> FFA Week
2010!

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary