National FFA has announced a Sustainability through Biotechnology video contest. The information is below. If you have students interested, I hope that you will have them apply. The rules are attached, and a link is included in the material below. Let me know if you have any question.  – BL

Sustainability Through Biotechnology Video Contest
Submit a video (approximately two to three minutes in length) that shows the world how modern agricultural techniques are helping our planet.  It’s a great way to work on Ag Communications skills and learn more about the innovation happening today.

Winning chapters will receive:

·         $500 to purchase new audio/video equipment for your chapter

·         A visit from one of the judges – all leaders in modern agriculture today

·         Your video featured on SchoolTube and ffa.org.

Just three quick hints for a winning video:  Keep it clean, fun and informative. The rest is up to you!  Grab as many of your fellow FFA members as you want, check out the full rules and... Get Creative!

Get everything you need in the Sustainability Through Biotechnology Video Contest packet which includes

·         Official Rules

·         Entry Form

·         Instructions for uploading your video

·         Plenty of resources to help get you started

All videos are due by December 31, 2009
Winners will be announced during FFA Week 2010!

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association

316 Poultry Science - UGA