Dear Teachers,

I have forwarded a letter sent to your Ad Hoc Junior Livestock Show Committee Members.  Please read the letter and assist the Ad Hoc committee in making these contacts and exploring new contacts to help the Georgia Junior Livestock Shows.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year.

RW

Dear Ad Hoc Members,

We are working hard on soliciting and securing supporters for the 2009-2010 Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Catalog that will be distributed at the Georgia Junior National Livestock Show, February 17-21 in Perry.  As Ad Hoc members, we are asking for your help on this enormous endeavor.

Each year we produce an exhibitor catalog. The catalog salutes past winners of the show, provides necessary information for current exhibitors, and displays advertisements from the many show supporters. The catalog is seen by the thousands of exhibitors, parents, agents and agriculture teachers who attend the show.  I'm sure each of you have a copy from last year.

Since 1995, proceeds from the Georgia Junior National Livestock Catalog have provided $500 scholarships to FFA and 4-H members selected as the top 12th grade showmen in the State Market Lamb, Goat, Steer, Hog, Heifer and Commercial Dairy Heifer shows.  To continue these great awards we need to secure additional advertisements for 2010 from all species.

FFA and 4-H are asking members of the Ad Hoc Committee in soliciting new and securing past ad purchasers.  Attached you will find a spreadsheet of those that have participated last year, who we have sent letters to this year.  Please see the listing of those businesses that have confirmed their support for 2010.

Brelan Brookshire

161 Brookshire Road

Suches

GA

30572

Center Fold

Flint River Mills Inc. (FRM)

June Gainous

PO Box 280

Bainbridge

GA

39818

Half

Genex Cooperative, Inc.

Lindsay Johnson

PO Box 469

Shawano

WI

54166

Half

Georgia Angus Association

Christy Page

638 Lake Crest Drive

Jefferson

GA

30549

Full

Georgia Livestock Markets Association

John Kissee

817 Hillcrest Lane

Woodstock

GA

30189

Full

Godfrey's Warehouse

Mary Bea Martin

255 West Jefferson St.

Madison

GA

30650

Inside Front

I have also attached a Potential Ad Purchase Letter along with an Ad Request Form for your use.  Please contact any individuals or businesses that may be interested in this opportunity.  We have a deadline of December 28th, but do have a bit of flexibility depending on the situation.

Thank you for your support and cooperation in this project.

RW

--
Ricky Wheeler
Area Livestock Teacher