Because our area contests are after this event.  Mrs. Steinkamp and Mrs.
Shultz have graciously offered this opporturnity to the region.  This is not
a practice contest, a training your team contest, or a contest to use to
narrow down your team.  Please only come if you are serious about getting
ready for the Area and State Contests.  The information is below, please
note the participation costs, meal count and the deadline of this Friday the
15th.

RW

You are invited to bring your students (who qualified for the state contest)
to the Area 4H Livestock Judging Contest on Friday, January 22, 2010 at the
UGA Animal & Dairy Science Instructional Arena (to serve as a practice
contest for your students).  Registration will begin at 4:00 pm.  The
contest will begin at 5:00 pm.  There will be six placing classes.  Classes
may include:  Breeding Heifers, Bulls, Market Lambs, Breeding Ewes, Breeding
Gilts, and/or Market Hogs (all classes depending on availability of
livestock).   Performance data will be used on some of the classes which
will be announced at the contest.  Jr's and Sr's will give 2 sets of reasons
each (specific classes will be announced at the contest).  I will score any
of your student's scan trons after the contest and announce placings asap.

Meal - $5.50

*Participation $5.50* (this goes to cover 4H registration fee for arena
rental & FFA scan tron for your students to use at the contest).  Please
make all checks payable to North Region FFA.

Please reply to this e-mail to let me know if you plan to attend this
contest before Jan 15th.  I need to know the names of each of your students
and how many meals you need.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher

see.