Because our area contests are after this event.  Mrs. Steinkamp and Mrs. Shultz have graciously offered this opporturnity to the region.  This is not a practice contest, a training your team contest, or a contest to use to narrow down your team.  Please only come if you are serious about getting ready for the Area and State Contests.  The information is below, please note the participation costs, meal count and the deadline of this Friday the 15th.

RW

You are invited to bring your students (who qualified for the state contest) to the Area 4H Livestock Judging Contest on Friday, January 22, 2010 at the UGA Animal & Dairy Science Instructional Arena (to serve as a practice contest for your students).  Registration will begin at 4:00 pm.  The contest will begin at 5:00 pm.  There will be six placing classes.  Classes may include:  Breeding Heifers, Bulls, Market Lambs, Breeding Ewes, Breeding Gilts, and/or Market Hogs (all classes depending on availability of livestock).   Performance data will be used on some of the classes which will be announced at the contest.  Jr's and Sr's will give 2 sets of reasons each (specific classes will be announced at the contest).  I will score any of your student's scan trons after the contest and announce placings asap.

Meal - $5.50

Participation $5.50 (this goes to cover 4H registration fee for arena rental & FFA scan tron for your students to use at the contest).  Please make all checks payable to North Region FFA.

Please reply to this e-mail to let me know if you plan to attend this contest before Jan 15th.  I need to know the names of each of your students and how many meals you need.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher

Ricky Wheeler