As agriculture teachers we are richly blessed in many ways. The very nature of this profession is more than a job or career choice, agricultural education is way of life in which we are truly given the opportunity to provide something of value and meaning to our world. Even more, we are able to work with and be associated with the best people -- our fellow agriculture teachers.

I have had the great fortune to work with Mr. (or DR.) Dana Perkins for the past 21 years. It has been a "real" education during the past 4 1/2 years of getting to work along side him in the North Region Office. Mr. Perkins has given me an insight into agricultural education that I will always cherish not to mention the many valuable lessons that he has taught me. It is for these reasons that I find it very difficult to make this announcement.

Mr. Perkins has decided to retire after spending more than 40 years as an agricultural education student, teacher, advisor, mentor, and friend to this great program. He plans to retire at the end of March.

I would like to be the first to extend a well deserved congratulations to Mr. Perkins for a great career. I am sure we will be having some ceremony or event to recognize his accomplishments and I will let you know when details are available.

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East