Fellow Agriculture Teachers,

I hope your beginning of the 2010 year has been great and that you are
ready to continue making a positive difference in the lives of so many
students. I never want it to be forgotten that I am truly thankful for the
work you do each and every day. It is a great honor to be associated with
agricultural education in Georgia.

As you know, the mid winter teachers conference is scheduled for next week
(January 14 & 15). Hopefully each of you have made plans to participate
and realize the importance of this meeting. The GVATA Board of Directors
have worked hard to put together an exciting agenda with some new
activities that you should really enjoy. Let me take a moment to encourage
you to be in attendance during the FFA Alumni -- AG. Teacher Hall of Fame
Ceremony. As a profession, we should take advantage of every opportunity
to honor those that have been dedicated so much to our "way of life".

Please take a moment to complete the attached document and return it to
your region office so that we can provide the camp with a count of those
needing lodging and planning to be at the Hall of Fame dinner. I realize
it is short notice, but please try to complete this by the end of the day
on Thurday, January 7th.

Please let me know if I can ever help you in any way and again, THANK-YOU
for making a positive difference in agricultural education and in the
lives of students.

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education