From: Todd Dobson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:28 PM
Subject: Mid Winter Conference

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday break.  I just wanted to update you on a
couple of items for conference next week.

-Dr. Sheppard's workshop for first year teachers will also be open to
teachers of 5 or less years experience in the classroom.  We talked last
week and he wanted to make sure that all of the teachers have the
opportunity to attend for questions that have come up since their first
year.  This breakout will be held in the Dunn room starting at 1:15.

-The section listed for teacher events will consist of career development
event activities for the teachers.
1.  Dr. Hamlin will be setting up an id contest in the basement of
Mobley(pretty sure this can count towards the GGIA certification)
2. John Allen Bailey will have wildlife id in Walters Hall
3. Ricky Wheeler will have meats id under the basketball shelter
4. Lawnmower Operations will be set up at the softball fields
5. Ben Lastly will have FFA quiz in Walters Hall.

       *You can compete in more than one event

The teacher activities will be offered from 10-12 on Friday.  You do not
have to pre-register for these, just show up during the two hour span to
compete.  Cash prizes will be given out to the winners of each contest.
Their will be a junior division (10 years or less) and a senior division
(11+ years)

Breakouts are offered from 11-12 and from 1:15-2:15, so you can attend
both breakout sessions if you wish and still compete in at least one
activity.  We hope that you take advantage of this opportunity to
experience a contest that maybe your students haven't competed in before
so you can have a better understanding of the cde.

Look forward to seeing you all next week and if you have any questions
please let me know.

Todd Dobson

--
David Turner