From: Kevin Jump <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Subject: Midwinter Reminders

Greetings,

I trust everyone had a Merry Christmas and a great start to the new year.  I just want to present you with a few brief reminders.

  • Midwinter Conference is next week January 14-15, 2010 at the GA FFA-FCCLA Center.
  • Please remember to register on the CTAE Resource Network for the conference in order to receive PLU credit.
  • Breakout sessions will be a little different.  Todd has worked diligently to provide a few "new" experiences so come prepared to get involved.
  • The Hall of Fame Ceremony will be Thursday at 6pm.  All candidates are top notch and deserve the honor of your attendance.
  • Those of you asked to serve on a tactical plan committee by your area director please plan to meet at 1pm on Thursday the 14th.
Also, on a more personal note, most of you know Mr. Virgil Rainey.  Virgil is a fellow agriculture teacher who in the past has served GVATA as an area director and as President.  A great friend of agricultural education and Georgia FFA, Virgil has had health concerns in the past few years that has required his early retirement from the profession he dearly loves.  A suggestion has been made to take up a love offering for Virgil during Midwinter conference as a gesture of our love and support of him to help offset some of the medical expenses incurred due to his illness.  I know any amount will be greatly appreciated.  I wanted to send this reminder in order for those of you who feel led to give to be more prepared to do so in advance.

I look forward to seeing each of you at "The Camp."

Kevin

--
David Turner
216 Four Towers, UGA Campus