We currently have no entries in the following two proficiency award areas
below.

Please check with your students to see if they have an SAE which fit these
award areas.  If we can get an entry in these two areas, then it will make
the first time the North Region has had an entry in all 47 areas and almost
100% of all our teachers have indicated they are submitting an
application.   Thanks for all you are doing in helping your students with
these applications.

*Please remember that all the applications need to be in the North Region
Office by Tuesday, February 16.*

*Fiber and Oil Crop Production*  Entrepreneurship/Placement -using the best
management practices available to efficiently produce and market crops for
fiber and/or oil; such as, cotton, sisal, hemp, soybeans, flax, mustard,
canola, castor beans, sunflower, peanuts, dill, spearmint, and safflower.

*Fruit Production*  Entrepreneurship/Placement -using the best management
practices available to efficiently produce and market crops for fruit such
as stone fruits, pome fruits, citrus fruits, pineapples, coconuts, berries,
watermelon, grapes, nuts and all common fruits. (Pome Fruits include apples,
mayhaws, and pears. Stone fruits include peach, nectarine, plum, apricot and
cherry).

Thanks!
Blane

--