The Georgia FFA Foundation will not be awarding Young Owl awards this year.
The Foundation, along with the ag education staff, has decided to
discontinue this awards program for one year.  This awards program has been
part of ag education in the past, but we want to take the opportunity to
re-evaluate and develop new criteria for the Young Owl award.  We want to
make sure that the awards are recognizing those FFA members who have a
strong desire to become agricultural educators.

We hope to develop new criteria after all the region coordinator positions
are filled so we can have input from the coordinators.  We plan to begin
presenting the awards again in 2011.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the Young Owl
awards program.

Thanks,
Katrina

--