On Tuesday, March 16, the Governor's Agriculture Commission will be hosting
the 2010 Georgia Agriculture Awareness Day at the Freight Depot across from
the State Capitol. The Ag Day Celebration is a time for each facet of the
agriculture industry in Georgia to showcase their product and the impact
they make on our state and the world. The Celebration will include dozens of
food booths showcasing food products from the various agriculture crops
produced in Georgia. There is also a "Flavors of Georgia" food festival.

Again this year, the Governor's Agriculture Commission is extending an
invitation for local FFA chapters to bring members to the Celebration. There
is no charge to enter and no charge to participate in the various food
booths. Doors will open just before 11:00 a.m. and the exhibits will close
at 2:00 p.m. There will be a brief program at 12:30 p.m. that will involve
Governor Perdue, as well as the state FFA and 4-H Presidents.

Buses are welcome, and bus parking will be available on the streets
surrounding the Depot and near the Capitol. Please let me know if your
chapter is planning to attend and give me a ballpark number that you plan to
bring.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary