Teachers,

The Georgia FFA Foundation will not be awarding Young Owl awards this year.  The Foundation, along with the ag education staff, has decided to discontinue this awards program for one year.  This awards program has been part of ag education in the past, but we want to take the opportunity to re-evaluate and develop new criteria for the Young Owl award.  We want to make sure that the awards are recognizing those FFA members who have a strong desire to become agricultural educators.

We hope to develop new criteria after all the region coordinator positions are filled so we can have input from the coordinators.  We plan to begin presenting the awards again in 2011.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the Young Owl awards program.

Thanks,
Katrina

--
Katrina Jones