On Tuesday, March 16, the Governor’s Agriculture Commission will be hosting the 2010 Georgia Agriculture Awareness Day at the Freight Depot across from the State Capitol. The Ag Day Celebration is a time for each facet of the agriculture industry in Georgia to showcase their product and the impact they make on our state and the world. The Celebration will include dozens of food booths showcasing food products from the various agriculture crops produced in Georgia. There is also a “Flavors of Georgia” food festival.

Again this year, the Governor’s Agriculture Commission is extending an invitation for local FFA chapters to bring members to the Celebration. There is no charge to enter and no charge to participate in the various food booths. Doors will open just before 11:00 a.m. and the exhibits will close at 2:00 p.m. There will be a brief program at 12:30 p.m. that will involve Governor Perdue, as well as the state FFA and 4-H Presidents.

Buses are welcome, and bus parking will be available on the streets surrounding the Depot and near the Capitol. Please let me know if your chapter is planning to attend and give me a ballpark number that you plan to bring.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association