The Georgia FFA State Ag Sales CDE Preliminaries will be held on Thursday, April 22, 2010 during the Georgia FFA Convention in Macon, GA at the Macon Coliseum Centreplex.  The top two teams from each area are eligible for state competition.

Registration will be from 11:00 am until noon on April 22, 2010 and will be located in the hallway in front of Room 306.  Please bring and turn in three (3) copies of the product summary sheet for each contestant with you to registration.  Remember that we are using the new product summary sheet that can be found on the last page of the rules in the CDE Handbook.  All the teams are to meet in Room 306 at 12:30 pm that day for a short orientation meeting.  After the orientation, some team members will begin the written exam and others will give their sales presentations.  They will receive a number at registration that will determine this.  Once they finish the test, they will present or if they present first, they will take the test next.  When they have competed both parts of the CDE they are free to leave.  I will have the final 4 posted on the door of Room 306 around 5:00 pm.

The Finals will occur on Friday, April 23, 2010 starting at 8:00 am in room 303.  Each final 4 team will be assigned a time for their presentation.

I will be sending the teachers a letter with more details as soon as I know who is eligible from each region to participate.  If you have questions or concerns, please contact me.

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher