Teachers, please make note that this year we will hold the FFA Area Officer elections at the Area banquets in May and NOT at the Area meetings like we have in the past.  So there is no need to bring FFA delegates to the Area meetings in April, but every FFA Chapter should make plans to have at 2 voting delegates at the Area Banquet.  May 11 for Area I and May 13 for Area II.  At the beginning of the banquet we will elect the Area Officers.

Attached is the Area Officer application.  It is due to the North Region Office by April 1,2010.  This is an excellent opportunity for students to get involved in FFA above the local level.

The eligibility requirements are as follows:

1. To be eligible to run for an Area Office (Junior or Senior office)
a candidate must be an active FFA member, and must have  completed at
least one year of Agricultural Education instruction at the time of
election.

2. To be eligible to run for a senior office (President,
Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Reporter, or Sentinel) a
candidate must be in 10th grade or higher, AND must have earned their
chapter FFA degree at the time of election.

3.  To be eligible to run for a junior representative position, a
candidate must be a member of a middle school Agricultural Education
program and FFA chapter OR be an 8th or 9th grade member at a high
school Agricultural Education program and FFA chapter at the time of
election.

4.  Each FFA chapter may run only one candidate for senior office and
one candidate for junior office each year.

--
Blane Marable
Agriculture Education