Great ideas come from great teachers.... thanks Joe Green for sharing !

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joe Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 7:27 AM
Subject: plant sale revenues
To: [log in to unmask]

Teri,

thanks for the info on local plant sales, pricing, etc...

another venture that has been profitable for us is called Amazing Student
Planters ...  We offer a service where other teachers and staff members are
invited to bring in their own personal EMPTY pots or planters from home.
 they leave the containers at the greenhouse and then our students fill them
with soil and plant a assortment off annuals into those pots.  We charge for
the soil, plants, and a small surcharge and then deliver the pots back to
the teachers...

Teachers at my school like this service because they don't have to do the
work of hauling soil and flowers home, and they get a nice variety of
annuals ready for their deck or patio.  Plus the students get to hone their
planting and design skills.  Depending on the size, we charge about $5-7 per
container which easily covers our expenses plus some profit.

jg

Joe C. Green
Horticulture Teacher - Pope High
FFA Chapter Advisor
http://popehs.typepad.com/mr_green/
www.popehorticulture.com
I.S.A. Certified Arborist - International Society of Arboriculture
770-578-7900, ext. 286
--
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education