Our kickoff speakers for this 82nd State Convention are Chance Veazey and
UGA Head Baseball Coach, David Perno. If you don't know about Chance's
story, you can read more at the following link. I encourage you to share
this with your students. I encourage you too to have your students keep up
with Chance on his Caring Bridge website. He is a special young man.

http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8800
<http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=204893276
&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=8800&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT>
&ATCLID=204893276&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=8800&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT

There are a few things that I would like for you to know before Thursday
night gets here.

First, Chance and  Coach Perno have waived any type of speaker fee. We're
not paying them one dollar!  Next, the Georgia baseball team has a game
Wednesday night and a weekend series (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) in Athens
with South Carolina. Coach Perno has every excuse not to attend our
Convention, but he is coming! He is making a special effort to be there  to
help tell Chance's story to our young people.

Secondly, if you read the story on the link above, you will see that the UGA
baseball team is collecting donations at every home game for the "Prayers
for Chance" fund. We will provide the same opportunity at the Convention on
Thursday. When you and your students arrive, there will be opportunities
around the Arena to donate pocket change or dollar bills to the Prayers for
Chance fund. We are not asking for large donations.just pocket change or
dollar bills. Every dime we raise will be given to Chance's fund. Please
encourage yours students to consider this opportunity.

Finally, Coach Perno and Chance have requested an opportunity for students
to ask Chance questions during his presentation. At the appropriate time, we
will turn up the house lights in the Arena and allow chapter delegates to
ask questions of Chance. We will have a house mic available on the Arena
floor. Please encourage your two delegates sitting on the floor on Thursday
night to think of any appropriate question that they would like to ask
Chance. He wants that interaction with our students.

I appreciate you giving both of these items some attention.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association