The *Georgia Forestry Foundation *is pleased to announce its 6th annual
Teacher Conservation Workshop: *‘Exploring Forestry and Wildlife in Georgia’
**, to be held June 21-25, 2010. *  The workshop focuses on conservation
topics related to the benefits of forestry, including the cycle of growing
trees, utilization of trees for products, and how trees are managed for
wildlife habitat.  We will be teaming up with the *Georgia Forestry
Commission, UGA’s Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, and the
Georgia Wildlife Resources Division* to host the event at the Charlie
Elliott Wildlife Conference Center in Mansfield.  Participants will be
certified in Project Learning Tree, Project WILD and Project WET upon
completion.  *4 PLU’s will be available.* Our sponsors include many
organizations and companies from the forestry and wildlife communities. As
the event is underwritten by sponsors, all field trips, lodging, meals and
teacher resource kits are included in the $35 registration fee.

This is recommended for Georgia educators of grades 5-12.  *Registration is
limited to 30 participants*. * Deadline has been extended to May 1,
2010. * Check
this website www.gfagrow.org  (*click on the graphic on the left side of the
homepage*). Or contact Carla Rapp at 478-992-8110; [log in to unmask]  or
Mary Terry at 770-784-3064; [log in to unmask]

Carla L. Rapp

Forestry Education Director

*Project Learning Tree Coordinator*

*Tree Farm Administrator*

Georgia Forestry Association

P.O. Box 1217

Forsyth, GA 31029

www.gfagrow.org

478-992-8110 phone

478-992-8109 fax

*For information on PLT workshops go to
www.EEinGeorgia.org<http://www.eeingeorgia.org/>
*

*www.GeorgiaPLT.org <http://www.georgiaplt.org/> *

* *

*NOTICE: It is okay to print this electronic message. Paper is a plentiful,
biodegradable, renewable, recyclable, sustainable product made from trees
that provides jobs and income for millions of Americans. Thanks to improved
forest management, we have more trees in America today than we had 100 years
ago.*

The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get
started.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3>

--
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education