The Georgia Forestry Foundation is pleased to announce its 6th annual Teacher Conservation Workshop: Exploring Forestry and Wildlife in Georgia’, to be held June 21-25, 2010.   The workshop focuses on conservation topics related to the benefits of forestry, including the cycle of growing trees, utilization of trees for products, and how trees are managed for wildlife habitat.  We will be teaming up with the Georgia Forestry Commission, UGA’s Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, and the Georgia Wildlife Resources Division to host the event at the Charlie Elliott Wildlife Conference Center in Mansfield.  Participants will be certified in Project Learning Tree, Project WILD and Project WET upon completion.  4 PLU’s will be available. Our sponsors include many organizations and companies from the forestry and wildlife communities. As the event is underwritten by sponsors, all field trips, lodging, meals and teacher resource kits are included in the $35 registration fee.

This is recommended for Georgia educators of grades 5-12.  Registration is limited to 30 participants Deadline has been extended to May 1, 2010.  Check this website www.gfagrow.org  (click on the graphic on the left side of the homepage). Or contact Carla Rapp at 478-992-8110; [log in to unmask]  or Mary Terry at 770-784-3064; [log in to unmask].

Carla L. Rapp

Forestry Education Director

Project Learning Tree Coordinator

Tree Farm Administrator

Georgia Forestry Association

P.O. Box 1217

Forsyth, GA 31029

www.gfagrow.org

478-992-8110 phone

478-992-8109 fax

For information on PLT workshops go to www.EEinGeorgia.org

www.GeorgiaPLT.org

NOTICE: It is okay to print this electronic message. Paper is a plentiful, biodegradable, renewable, recyclable, sustainable product made from trees that provides jobs and income for millions of Americans. Thanks to improved forest management, we have more trees in America today than we had 100 years ago.

Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education
Georgia Department of Education
204C Four Towers University of Georgia