Congratulations to you and your students for advancing to the State
FFAAgricultural Sales Career Development Event.
The State FFA Ag Sales CDE preliminaries are scheduled for Thursday, April
22, 2010.  Registration will be from 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in the
hallway in front of room 306.  We will assemble in the Macon Centreplex in
Room 306 at 12:30 p.m.  At this time instructions will be given and we will
begin the CDE.  Some of the students will start with the written test and
some will begin their presentations.  As the contestants finish the test,
they will present their products.  A random draw will select this in
advance.

I have secured five rooms and four sets of judges for the preliminary round.
Your contestants will be divided, such as, contestant A going to judges A, B
going to judges B, C going to judges C, and D going to judges D.  I will
have a sticker for them to wear stating their team and student number.  They
need to keep the sticker until they finish both parts of the CDE.

* *

*This is what I need you to do to help with this process:*

*1.                  **Be on time.*

*2.                  **Have three (3) copies of each contestantís project
summary, placed in a 9 x 12 inch envelope, with the contestantís name and
chapter name in the upper left-hand corner.  These product summary sheets
should be the ones found in the GA **FFA** **CDE** Handbook.*

*3.                  **If your contestants are making the same sales
presentation, be sure to bring an adequate number of props.  (All four of
your contestants could be making their sales presentation at the same time).
*

*4.                  **I need to know if there are any conflicts with other
interviews and/or auditions.  Please advise me of these ASAP.  *

After the final student competes, I will tally the scores and announce the
top four teams that will advance on to the final round of competition on
Friday, April 23rd beginning at 8:00 in room 312.  Times will be assigned to
the Final 4 Teams as to the time the will present.  The results will be
announced at the conclusion of Team Event portion.

The final 4 teams will be demonstrating the Team Event portion of the CDE.  The
2010 theme for the Team Event will be the Horticultural Industry.  Please
refer to the State and National Rules governing the FFA Agricultural Sales
CDE.  We will be using the same scoresheet as the National FFA which can be
found on page 68 of the National Ag Sales CDE rules.

If you have additional questions please feel free to call be at (478)
289-2558 or email me at [log in to unmask]

I look forward to seeing and working with you and your contestants on
Thursday, April 22nd at 12:30 p.m.

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher