This 2010 FFA junior speaking career development event is scheduled for Friday April 23rd at Macon Marriot City Center hotel adjacent to the Edgar Wilson Convention Center and Macon Coliseum. Competition will be held in Magnolia Room A.† Competition will begin with Bracket I at 8:00 a.m. and Bracket II at 9:30 a.m. (see attachment for bracket assignment) We ask that teachers and students should arrive 30 mins prior to bracket time to sign in and receive final competition details.
It is highly recommended that participant's be in official FFA dress as defined in the current Official FFA Manual.
Participant will be permitted to use notes while speaking, but deductions in scoring may be made for this practice if it detracts from the effectiveness of the presentation. No props are to be used.†
The room setup will include a podium, judges seated in different sections of the room, a time keeper, video camera person and a spectator section.
Presentation judges will score each participant independently and then total the composition and delivery scores computing a final score for each participant.
The judges' score sheets will then be submitted to event official to determine final ranking of participants.
Participants shall be ranked in numerical order on the basis of the final score of each judge.†
The judge's ranking of each participant then shall be added, and the placing will be given based on total lowest ranking.
Top two from brackets one and two will advance to finals round which will begin @ 1:30 p.m.
Announcement of the winners will be at the General Session in the Arena on Saturday 10:30 a.m.
All four finalist should report to Award Winnersí Rehearsal in the Arena, Saturday 10:00 a.m.
If you have any questions, please donít hesitate to contact me at 706-540-0032.
CDE Location: Macon Marriott City Center, 240 Coliseum Drive Macon, Georgia 31217 USA
Hotel Phone: 478.621.5300
Driving Directions: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/directions/mcnfs-macon-marriott-city-center/
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education