Thank you for helping to make the 82nd Georgia FFA Convention a success. We had well over 3,200 members, advisors, sponsors and guests on hand for the Convention. I appreciate your hard work to get students to Macon, to encourage them all year long, and to help watch over everyone as we spent our three days there. The convention could not happen without you, and I’m grateful to work with such committed individuals.

In addition to what we might consider “typical”, there are a couple of specific highlights that I am proud to share with you from the Convention. First, your students turned in more than 500 letters to U.S. soldiers! That is more than 3 times as many letters as we collected last year. If your student took time to write letters, please let them  know that their few minutes of extra time means an awful lot to the men and women displaced from their families overseas. Thank you for making that a priority! Also, your students had the opportunity to make a contribution the Prayers for Chance Fund on Thursday night to help support our kick-off speaker, Chance Veazey. I’m proud to announce that you contributed $1,482 for Chance! Again, please let your students know that whatever they gave, whether a nickel, or a dollar, or more; they helped someone in need. Each of these were a powerful expression of Leading Out Loud.

Finally, many of you have asked about a general Convention press release following the 82nd State Convention. A press release is attached. Please be sure to check the Georgia FFA website as well by logging on to www.georgiaffa.org. On the state convention page, you will find complete results and a link to the Convention photo gallery.

I wish you the best as your banquets approach and your school year comes to and end. May God bless you all. Do not hesitate to call on me if I can help you in any way.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association