49 American FFA Degree applications were submitted this year from Georgia. Those applications are being reviewed now and will be sent to National FFA in early June. All American Degree applications are reviewed on the National level in July and those meeting qualifications are officially approved at the July meeting of the National FFA Board of Directors. We will receive official notification from National FFA of those students who were approved to receive the American FFA Degree in late July.

We did have three Georgia students submit Star batteries with their American Degree applications. The following students have been selected to represent Georgia as American Star candidates in 2010.

American Star in Agribusiness – Thomas “T.J.” Hines (Tift County)

American Star in Agriculture Placement – Kelsey Beasley (Franklin County)

American Star finalists will be announced in late July. Good luck to T.J. and Kelsey as they purse this lofty goal; and congratulations to all students (and their advisors) who worked to complete an American FFA Degree application this year.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association