Snap, Crackle, Pop!

One of the fastest growing metro communities in Georgia, Locust Grove,
honored agriculture teacher Allen Nasworthy as "Teacher of the Year"
yesterday.

Nasworthy is a first year teacher in Henry County at Locust Grove High
School.
His selection was based on his excellence in classroom instruction and
dedication to his students outside the classroom.
Locust Grove FFA has excelled during his one year tenure, encompassing a
diversity of participation in 10 career development events from tractor
driving, poultry judging and floral design to extemporaneous and creed
speaking.

Nasworthy noted to faculty of peers *"Teaching is not just what we do; it is
what we are. We are a group of dedicated, passionate professionals who enter
our classrooms each morning not only to teach our students about the world
as it is, but for the world as it can be."*

Let Mr. Nasworthy be an inspiration to all of us committed to living and
working as teachers - may we  inspire, create and invoke in our students the
price and confidence to make this world a better place.

Applauds to you,  Allen Nasworthy, job well done.
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education
Georgia Department of Education
204C Four Towers University of Georgia