Teachers

On Tuesday, June 8, three bright and talented FFA members interviewed for
the opportunity to be Georgia's candidate for National FFA Office. Kaitlyn
Butler of the Jeff Davis FFA chapter was selected. Kaitlyn is a 2008
graduate of Jeff Davis High School. She served as a State FFA Vice-President
in 2007-2008, and is a Junior at the University of Georgia majoring in
Agricultural Education. Congratulations to Kaitlyn. She will spend the next
few months preparing and polishing her skills, and will interview at the
National FFA Convention in October.

The other candidates who competed were Junior Chapman of the Pickens County
FFA (State President 2007-2008) and Cain Thurmond of the Jefferson FFA
(State VP 2008-2009.) Both of these young men did a tremendous job, and the
nominating committee had a difficult decision to make.  All three of these
young people were exceptionally prepared and worked very hard to reach this
point. I salute these students, but also the ag teachers who have pushed,
encouraged, coached and mentored them for the past several years. These are
three bright stars of our program. I am proud of each one, and grateful to
you for your hand in their success.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary