Teachers

On Tuesday, June 8, three bright and talented FFA members interviewed for the opportunity to be Georgia’s candidate for National FFA Office. Kaitlyn Butler of the Jeff Davis FFA chapter was selected. Kaitlyn is a 2008 graduate of Jeff Davis High School. She served as a State FFA Vice-President in 2007-2008, and is a Junior at the University of Georgia majoring in Agricultural Education. Congratulations to Kaitlyn. She will spend the next few months preparing and polishing her skills, and will interview at the National FFA Convention in October.

The other candidates who competed were Junior Chapman of the Pickens County FFA (State President 2007-2008) and Cain Thurmond of the Jefferson FFA (State VP 2008-2009.) Both of these young men did a tremendous job, and the nominating committee had a difficult decision to make.  All three of these young people were exceptionally prepared and worked very hard to reach this point. I salute these students, but also the ag teachers who have pushed, encouraged, coached and mentored them for the past several years. These are three bright stars of our program. I am proud of each one, and grateful to you for your hand in their success.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association