Teachers

If you plan to attend the National FFA Convention this October, please consider volunteering as a judge for a national proficiency, Star, Agriscience Fair or Models of Innovation award program. The finals of these events are conducted at the National Convention according to the following schedule. There would be a block of time that you would not be with your students if you serve as a judge, so understand that you’ll need to make arrangements for  your students if you volunteer.

Proficiency Award interviews

Thursday, October 21 – begins with judges and finalist luncheon and finishes around 5 p.m.

American Star interviews

Thursday, October 21 – begins with judges and finalist luncheon and finishes around 5 p.m.

Agriscience Fair interviews

Thursday, October 21 – begins at 8:00 a.m. and finishes by 5:00 p.m.

National Chapter Award – Models of Innovation presentations

Wednesday, October 20 – begins at 1:00 p.m. and finishes by 5:30 p.m.

Each of these are voluntary, but could certainly offer an opportunity to witness how these events are coordinated, scored and judged on the national level. If you are interested, please let me know. There is a judges nomination form that I need to submit on your behalf.

Let me know if you have questions.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary