Please information on ear tags from Dr. Silcox.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RONALD E Silcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:45 AM
Subject: RE: State Livestock Shows - website updated
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

For Teacher who are ordering State Show tag:

Some of you may have some left over tags from last year.  Tags colors this year are:

Lamb and Ewe - red
Goat - yellow
Dairy - white
Steer and BEEF Heifer - Green
Hog - Orange

Leftover tags from last year are still good on Lamb, Ewe, Goat, Dairy and Beef Heifers.  Steers will use the same Green tag as Beef heifers.   We will not be using the pink steer tag with EID.  Hog tags are orange this year.

The Georgia National Fair (October hog show) will require that you use state ear tags this year.  If you have any leftover purple hog tags from last year, you may use those up or use the new orange tags at the October fair.  Please use only  Orange tags for the February hog show.

To get tags for the Georgia National Fair, just use the same order form as for state show tags.  The orange tags we are shipping now are good for October or February.  (I would recommend that if you have any old purple hogs tags, use them up for the October show and save a little money.)

Ronnie Silcox,
Extension Animal Scientist
Rhodes Animal & Dairy Science
Athens, GA  30605