Teachers this year you will have a unique opportunity at the GVATA conference to take the Ga. Certified Plant Professional certification test.  It is a two part certification- plant identification and written exam. If you pass one part you do not have to take it again and have up to two year to pass both parts.  If you are seeking horticulture industry certification with your school system this will fulfill one of the requirements.  Plus what a great way to demonstrate to your administration your program's connection to the Green Industry.  Testing will be July 13th during the afternoon breakout session.  Give it a try !  Below is additional information about the certification and a study site to help you prepare.

Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education
Georgia Department of Education
204C Four Towers University of Georgia
Athens, Ga 30602
706-552-4461 / 706-540-0032

Dear Georgia Agriculture Education Teachers,

I am writing to let you know of an opportunity to get industry certified at your GVATA meeting in Augusta on July 13th from 1 -4 pm.

The Georgia Certified Plant Professional (GCPP) Program is administered by the University of Georgia and was the basis for the GGIA Jr. Certification program in which a number of your students have competed.  The GCPP study website and resource manual will be helpful to you in preparing your students for the Jr. Certification as well as to you personally if you wish to take the professional certification exam.

The exam is normally offered twice a year but since a number of Agriculture Education teachers just completed a related workshop this summer we are offering the exam at your GVATA conference.  You may order your study materials online at http://GCPP.info and have up to two years to complete the exams if needed.

Study Site
Don't forget to log in to the study website to complete the remaining 6 hours for your PLUs.  To set up an account go to http://urbanagtraining.com and register as a new user.   Once you get a confirmation email (it can take up to 30 minutes depending on traffic to receive the email please be patient) you will be asked to enter a enrollment key use "get smart" without the quotes.  Use lowercase letters and include the space between the two words.

 July 13th Exam
Thanks to Mr. Shannon Lawrence we will be able to offer the GCPP Exam at the GVATA conference in Augusta on Tuesday, July 13th from 1-4 pm.  Please email me at [log in to unmask] by July 9th to let me know if you plan on taking the exam so I will bring enough copies.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions or help you further.

Sincerely,

Todd Hurt

Training Coordinator