Please remember to send stories of what your chapter is doing for the Georgia FFA News. The Georgia FFA News is published as an insert in the FFA New Horizons magazine 3 times each school  year;  October, February, and April. More than 30,000 Georgia FFA members, sponsors, parents, and supporters will see each edition. If you have a brief story, we can use it in the “Chapter Happenings” section of the magazine. However, if you have bigger story that needs to be told (current or former member earns special recognition, etc…) we are always looking for feature articles as well.

You should send a either a completed story, or a story idea with information that we will need to prepare the story (i.e. who, what, when, where, how, and quotes from participants.) Please remember to send photos too! Story ideas include (but are not limited to); community service projects, current or former members earning special recognition, unique chapter trips or events, etc…Due dates for each issue are listed below.

October 2010 issue – stories due to FFA office by August 6, 2010

February 2011 issue – stories due to FFA office by December 1, 2010

April 2011 issue – stories due to FFA office by February 1, 2011

If your chapter or any of your members did something cool over the summer, or through the coming year, let us know so we can share your story.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association