Dear North Region Teachers,

I hope this message finds all of you enjoying some time to recharge your batteries free from some of the rigours and blinding pace of the school year. The anticipation and anxiety I have been feeling since January have provided me with the longest second semester and month of June in my life. I can no longer even formulate a response to the question "How does it feel to be doing insert whatever event you want to here for the last time?"  Therefore...

I want to officially greet you all from the North Region Office and express to you how honored I am to represent and serve each and every one of you. Teaching Ag has been the second most rewarding thing I have ever done behind raising my own family. It has provided me with more personal growth than I could ever have imagined and a true sense of purpose that I think many other careers lack and would be envious of.

I sincerely hope that I can at first do no harm and then, at some point, help our organization grow to provide more high quality opportunities for teachers who can in turn provide more high quality and meaningful opportunities for their students. North Region has enjoyed outstanding leadership throughout my 16 years of teaching and I expect it will be no easy task to live up to the expectations all of you have. I am truly looking forward to the challenge.

Thank you in advance for your patience while I ascend the learning curve. I have no idea what I am doing, but be assured, I'm working hard at it, and I want nothing more than to eventually earn your respect for doing it well.

I look forward to seeing each of you in Augusta next week as we prepare to offer yet another year of education in a model Mr. Einstein would be proud of.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school."  ~Albert Einstein
Sincerely,
Stan Mitchell

[log in to unmask]   New email
706-552-4461                New North Region Office Phone